Monday, March 29, 2010

"the bands all here"

Well, I guess I'm recovering nicely from the surgery. My expectations going in were based on the experience of my girlfriend when she had the procedure and what the program told me to expect. They were:
  • gas pains within my body (not the typical fart or burp gas). This is what I was really worried about because the only thing to make that better would be time. So far I think I experienced these pains for maybe an hour or so however they were extremely tolerable.
  • surgery pains. I was expecting much worse than I have. My mobility is probably 80-90% and my stomach muscles are the ones that are a little sore I guess, it's really more a discomfort than pain. Getting in and out of bed, sitting up or down and bending over are hard to do but I am working around that. Stairs and general mobility seem to be fine.
  • recovery room. I was prepared to wake up a painful miserable mess. Instead I was doing really well when I woke up and didn't have any pains until I had to transfer from my recovery bed to the bed in my room (I had to get out of one bed and into another) and even then the pain was me trying to stupidly use my stomach muscles.
Jenn is taking good care of me, helping me out with whatever I need, for that I am really grateful. I am looking forward to getting back to work on my tasked items of the sales book (which is ~80% done) and the newly tasked website creation. Mainly because I want to just get it done but also it's money and I need that now, so hopefully I'll be home soon. Right now the only issues I have are discomfort with the stomach, a little swelling and I get tired quicker than I probably should. My follow-up appointment is less than 2 weeks away and as of last night I re-started my liquid diet.

I'm excited about seeing what this baby can do with the right approach. I'll probably start attaching pictures soon to this blog and making a new album on my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment